The current research activity of the Nonlinear Dynamics group at the CPT covers different aspects of nonlinear dynamical systems
- Networks and extended dynamical systems, especially discrete time models ; bifurcation analysis in presence or absence of symmetries : Biological dynamical networks, especially applied to Genetics and Immunology.
- Transport control (chaotic diffusion) in Hamiltonian systems as models for magnetic plasma confinement (ITER program), wave-particle interactions in free electron lasers or some atomic systems (e.g. Rydberg atoms), intermittency, control of chaotic advection in hydrodynamics.
Presently the nonlinear dynamics group consists of the following permanent staff:
- Ricardo Lima (group leader), Françoise Briolle, Cristel Chandre, Galina Erochenkova, Bastien Fernandez, Elena Floriani, André Lambert, Xavier Leoncini, Michel Vittot
Seminars and workshops organized by the group
- JDNL monthly seminars (« The » Nonlinear Dynamics Days of Marseille)
- Marseille-Nice meetings
- Co-organizing MAGMA seminars (Maths, Physics, Info, Biology for Genetics).
- workshops, summer schools and conferences (CML 2004, HSCoPP 2004, IAM 2006, Fréjus, etc.)
Teaching and research training
- PhD program.
- Regular training of Master’s degree students during research internships.
- Head of the master program « Physique Théorique, Physique Mathématique, Physique des Particules ».
- Lectures in the Master program « Physique Théorique, Physique Mathématique, Physique des Particules ».
- Lectures in the Master program on Fusion.
PIIM (Marseille), IRPHE (Marseille), DRFC (CEA Cadarache).
San Luis Potosi and Cuernavaca (Mexico), Florence and Trieste (Italy), Lisbon (Portugal), Courant Institute, Carnegie Mellon and Georgia Tech (USA).